Aurora San Diego Hospital provides Inpatient, Partial hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Treatment Programs for older adults whose acute psychiatric symptoms require a safe and therapeutic environment. Aurora San Diego also provides Inpatient Treatment for Substance Detoxification/Rehabilitation and Intensive Outpatient Programs for those dealing with Chemical Dependency or Dual Diagnosis issues. Our team of Older Adult Specialists recognize and understand the needs of older adult patients dealing with emotional, psychological and chemical dependency issues during this time of life. The goal of our program is to provide Stabilization and Treatment within a Safe and Structured Environment providing reduction of symptoms and overall improvement of functioning.
Older Adult Program – Generations Program
Aurora San Diego Hospital recognizes the unique needs of patients entering treatment during this time of life. Aurora San Diego has developed a program specifically designed to provide an in depth diagnostic process. Relying on the expertise of our Geriatric Mental Health Practitioners who produce comprehensive treatment plans which are individually crafted to meet each patients needs and to produce swift and lasting change.
It is common during the later stages of life for an individuals condition to deteriorate as a result of, or to be further complicated by, physical challenges as a result of the aging process, as well as the experience of grief and loss. At Aurora San Diego, we are committed to addressing all aspects of the individual through our comprehensive Assessment and Treatment Protocols.
Patients may enter our Inpatient Program to address the following issues
- Mood Disorders (Depression, Bipolar Disorder)
- Anxiety Disorders (Generalized Anxiety, Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Suicidal thoughts or attempt(s)
- Self harming behaviors
- Threatened, attempted or engaged in physical violence to others
- Substance abuse/Chemical Dependency
- Delusions, hallucinations, schizophrenia
- Stabilization on medication/medication adjustments
- Chronic Pain
Aurora San Diego Hospital recognizes the need of a holistic approach to treatment, which offers different ways of engaging patents in the treatment process. We focus on a variety of practical treatment approaches including:
Intensive Assessment and Evaluation
- Group, individual and family therapy sessions
- Recreational and expressive therapies: Art Therapy, Music Therapy, Movement Therapy (yoga, meditation)
- Stress management and coping skills
- Medication management and education
- Grief Work and Recovery
- Life skills
- Patient education to improve understanding of the presenting issues/condition
- Aftercare and discharge planning
Partial Hospitalization (PHP) and Intensive Outpatient (IOP) Programs
Aurora San Diego offers Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Programs specifically designed for older adults. During the assessment and admission process, our Mental Health Professionals will determine the appropriate level of care needed. Inpatient Hospitalization is not a necessary requirement to be admitted into PHP or IOP Programs. Patients may admit directly into any Outpatient Program.
Our NO COST Confidential Assessments are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week through the Aurora San Diego Hospital Intake and Assessment Department. For more information about our Treatment Programs and Services, please call: 858-675-4228 or toll free 888-565-4228