The Aurora San Diego Hospital Adult inpatient Treatment Program provides a safe, secure and therapeutic environment for adults (age 18 and older) with acute behavioral health needs. Our Treatment Team provides 24 hour monitoring, treatment and stabilization for patients who are dealing with:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Substance-related disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Alcohol and other substance withdrawal symptoms (including Opiods)
- Pain Management
Benefits of Program
- Full array of theraputic groups and clinical activities 7 days a week.
- Medical and Psychiatric Evaluation within 24 hours of admission.
- Multi-Disciplinary Treatment Team approach with a Psychiatrist, Psychology Team, Adjunctive Therapist, Social Worker, Dietician, and if indicated, Chemical Dependency Counselor.
- Addictionologist available for Medical Detoxification Treatment Protocol.
- Family involvement is encouraged whenever possible.
What you can expect from the treatment program
Psychotherapy and Counseling
- Patients receive four therapy groups per day, including psychoeducation, chemical dependency, process, and recreational activity groups.
- Groups are facilitated by professional therapist, psychologist and chemical dependency counselors.
- Families are entitled to at least one, 45 minute family therapy session to address issues of immediate concern and plans for follow-up treatment.
- Will meet with the patient every day to assess progress.
- Will coordinate treatment with nursing and social worker.
- Will contact family once during patient stay. Further communication will go through the social worker.
- Will be available to answer specific questions or concerns that cannot be addressed by the social worker.
- To assist family/patient with discharge plans and follow-up care.
- To facilitate communication between psychiatrist and family.
- To arrange family sessions with a hospital therapist.
- To provide referrals for counseling, support groups, twelve-step resources and residential treatment when necessary.
We believe a Team Approach is the most effective method to deliver quality care. The Treatment Team is led by a psychiatrist and often includes a licensed therapist, psychiatric nurse, activity/recreational therapist, clinical social worker, and mental health counselors. The treatment team offers not only their clinical expertise and experience, but also their concern and compassion.
Our NO COST Confidential Assessments are provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week through the Aurora San Diego Hospital Intake and Assessment Department. For information about our Treatment Programs and Services or to schedule a NO COST Confidential Assessment, please call: 858-675-4228 or toll free 888-565-4228