MILITARY PROGRAM MISSION STATEMENT
To restore the mental wellbeing of Military Personnel and to return the Service Member back to Active Duty with the highest level of functioning, optimizing mission performance and conserving fighting strength.
This is accomplished by providing the highest level of care, utilizing specially trained staff, and offering a variety of evidence based treatment modalities that specifically address the unique needs of each individual Service Member.
For those who have dedicated their lives to serving their country, the normal trials of everyday life are now compounded with the challenges many Active Duty Service Members face as a result of deployment cycles and military lifestyle. Through the use of evidence based treatment modalities, coordination and collaboration with other industry thought leaders in academia, research and treatment, (Veterans Administration Centers of Excellence, University of California San Diego, San Diego State University, US Army, US Marine Corps, US Navy, US Air Force, US Space Force). Aurora San Diego Hospital has enjoyed a long history of serving Active Duty Service Members, and is the proven leader in specialized outcome driven care and treatment. Our Specialized Military Program provides treatment services for Active Duty Service Members (deployed and non-deployed) working through a myriad of issues including:
- PTSD (Combat Related, Military Sexual Trauma, Childood Truama, Domestic Violence)
- Acute Stress Disorder
- Co-occurring Disorders (PTSD/Substance Abuse)
- Combat and Operational Stress
- Chronic Pain
- Substance Abuse Disorders
- Suicidal and Homicidal Ideation
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Units dedicated to Active Duty Service Members
- Dedicated Psychiatrists exclusively for Service Members (daily consultation)
- Specialized Military Case Managers/Liaison
- Daily Group Therapy including: Process, CBT, DBT Skills, ACT, Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy multiple times per week including: Prolonged Exposure Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, EMDR, Cognitive Processing Therapy
- Individual Substance Abuse Counseling multiple times per week: Seeking Safety, Disease Concept, Step Study, Spirituality
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Chronic Pain Management
- Physical Fitness Program/Nutritional Counseling
- Medical Detoxification
- Adjunctive Therapies (expressive therapies, physical exercise)
- Assessments: PCL-M, PSQ I, BDI II, DAPS, Full Battery Psychological Testing
- Outcome Measures
- Structured interviews and outcome/follow up studies at 6 months, 12 months, 18 months, 24 months post discharge
This is accomplished by offering a full spectrum of Inpatient Treatment Services in a warm, inviting atmosphere where Service Members actively participate in their own treatment. The Aurora San Diego Campus is situated on five beautifully landscaped acres and provides a variety of amenities such as a gymnasium, weight training equipment, cardio equipment, tennis courts, basketball courts, and swimming pool.
All Military accomodations within the hospital come with semi private rooms and are exclusivly dedicated to Active Duty Service Members, creating a community within the hospital in which Service Members relate and provide support to one another in the therapeutic setting.
Our highly trained staff have received specialized training from subject matter experts, thought leaders and creators of evidence based treatments and continue to participate in national conferences on the treatment of PTSD and Combat Operational Stress. Most importantly, our Military Treatment Staff have specifically chosen to work in this program as they have a passion for working with Military Personnel.
All Service Members and Referring Professionals work with one identified MIlitary Case Manager who coordinates all aspects of care. This Military Case Manager is the point of contact for communication with referring providers, nurse case managers and the chain of command, developing an uninterrupted transition of care back to the Military Treatment Facility and to Command.
The Ultimate Goal is to provide a Safe and Nurturing Environment where the Active Duty Service Member can begin their wellness journey.
WE ACCEPT ADMISSIONS 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. FOR MORE INFORMATION please contact Lisa Miller, R.N., Case Manager/Military Liaison: 858-675-4282
FOR INFORMATION and REFERRALS AFTER HOURS, please contact our 24/7 Intake and Assessment Department: (858) 675-4228