GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB: This position is responsible for coordinating a variety of activities to facilitate the function of ABHC-SD focused on patient/family relations.
• Participates in mandatory orientation and training activities.
• Establishes contact with potential referral sources.
• Cultivates relationships with prospective referral sources, generating desire on their part to utilize Aurora's services.
• Participates in orientation to the units and/or programs to stay abreast of services provided and changes, developments that will be important to referral sources.
• Develops and implements a strategic sales plan.
• Actively supports the hospital's ongoing referral development program.
• Participates in ongoing training and development to enhance professional knowledge and skills
• Maintains positive working relationships within the hospital and with other key agents of the company.
• Maintains the documents and records associated with sales activities.
• Assists supervisor in carrying out other marketing activities.
• Supports the hospital and department's financial goals.
• Participates in activities that enhance professional growth and development.
• Demonstrates conduct in keeping with Aurora ethical standards.
• Complies with facility safety, infection control and security program.
• Supports facility internal and external customer service standards.
QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY:
Minimum of high school reading, writing, and math skills; excellent communication skills. Capable of operating independently and effectively; self-motivated. Must be able to analyze, plan and follow-through for maximum effectiveness with the assigned target markets. Experience in developing new territories in target markets with customer base. Consistent ability to close sales and achieve assigned objectives. Knowledge of mental health and substance abuse terminology. Experience in customer service in the health care field preferred. Must be able to coping with rejection and criticism. Legible handwriting. Ability to maintain information as highly confidential. Able to meet deadlines. Skills in dealing courteously with the public and with individuals within the hospital; basic supervisory skills; basic fiscal management skills; teaching and training skills preferred.