Position Summary: To deliver quality direct patient care under appropriate clinical supervision, to adults (typically age 18 and up) with psychiatric or emotional disorders; to serve actively and constructively as a member of the organization’s multi-disciplinary treatment team, and support the organization’s and adults psychiatric philosophy of care.
- Administer patient medications prescribed by physician
- Assist dietary staff in identifying patients with special dietary needs and assuring compliance with dietary orders
- Completes nursing assignments under supervision of RN
- Updates treatment care plans under supervision of RN
- Participate in treatment planning, identify patients problems, needs and strengths
- Suggest modifications to treatment plans based on observations
- Provide input into patient discharge planning
- Accompany and transport patients as assigned
- Facilitate patient community meetings
- Maintain patient, and unit related documentation
- Maintain a safe, orderly, and therapeutic environment for patients
- Carry out administrative and clerical assignments to support patient care, and organizational operations
Qualifications: Must be a graduate of an approved vocational nursing school. Must have a current California LVN license, current CPR required. Acute psychiatric nursing experience preferred.
Physical Requirements: Ability to stoop, crouch, reach, stand, and lift up to 50 pounds.