SCHEDULE: Saturday, Sunday 10:00am – 6:00pm; Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 12:00pm – 8:30pm
Position Summary: To facilitate the orderly admission of patients to the organization, balancing the patient's comfort and ease with the organization's operating needs and financial goals.
- Verify patient insurance benefits verbally and send written documentation to insurance company.
- Receives and processes physician's order for patient admission and completes related admission procedures; obtains patient and other required signatures on voluntary admission or commitment papers; obtains various releases, including: patient activity participation, school records and immunization records (if child or adolescent), information to referral sources, physician billing, insurance, and Utilization Review companies.
- Obtain pre-authorization for admission when needed.
- Completes face sheet; assigns patient identification number.
- Conducts actual admissions during regular hours; checks documentation on after hour admissions.
- Answer numerous daily telephone calls from patients, insurance companies, and others.
- Maintains supplies required for admitting purposes.
QUALIFICATIONS AT ENTRY:
High school level reading, writing and mathematic skills; good telephone and oral communication skills; legible handwriting; ability to concentrate on tasks in high traffic area; maintain information in the highest confidence; meet deadlines; good organization and priority setting skills; preferred basic data entry skills with some computer experience; strong customer service skills; empathy; attention to detail
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB:
Ability to stoop, kneel, lift, moving about in work area and throughout organization to accomplish tasks, finger (i.e. pick or type) and grasp. Ability to express and exchange ideas via spoken word, conveying information to others accurately and on occasion, quickly. Her sound with no less than 40 db loss @ Hz, 1000 Hz, and 2000 Hz with or without correction; perceive detailed information through oral communication and to make fine discriminations in sound. Perform repetitive motions with wrists, hands and fingers.
Work is predominantly sedentary in nature requiring occasional exertion of up to 10 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The worker is generally not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.