TITLE: DIETARY AIDE
REPORTS TO: DIETARY DIRECTOR
Position Summary: To ensure the delivery of healthy, desirable, and cost effective dietary services to patients, staff and guests of the organization
• Serves meals to cafeteria customers.
• Cleans work area as necessary or assigned.
• Accepts, reconciles deliveries and stores stock.
• Assists the dietary supervisor in food preparation.
• Participates in activities which enhance professional growth and development.
• Supports the organization's mission, goals, and objectives.
• Complies with facility safety, infection control and security program.
• Supports facility internal and external customer service standards.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS OF JOB:
Must be able to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand for sustained period of time, walk, pull, lift objects from a lower to higher position or horizontally from position to position, finger grasp; feel sizes, shapes, temperatures and textures; express or exchange ideas orally and potentially loudly, accurately or quickly; perceive the nature of sound with no less than a 40 db loss @ 1000 Hz and 2000 Hz with or without correction; perform repetitive motions of the wrist, hands or fingers.
Light work most of the time, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently; and occasionally medium work, that is exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently.