Aurora San Diego's adult inpatient program offers a safe, secure and therapeutic environment for adults (age 18 and older) with acute behavioral health needs. Our treatment team provides 24-hour monitoring, treatment and stabilization for patients who commonly suffer from:
- Bipolar Disorder
- Substance-related disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Alcohol and other substance withdrawal (including Opiod)
- Pain Management
Benefits of Program:
- Full array of groups, educational events and activities 7 days a week
- Medical and psychiatric evaluation within 24 hours of admission
- Multi-disciplinary treatment team approach with a Psychiatrist, our psychology team, adjunctive therapist, social workers, dietician, and if indicated, a chemical dependency counselor.
- Addictionologist available for detoxification treatment protocol
- Family involvement is encouraged whenever possible.
What you can expect from the treatment program:
Psychotherapy and Counseling
- Patients receive four therapy groups per day, including psychoeducation, chemical dependency, process, and recreational activity groups.
- Groups are facilitated by professional therapist, psychologist and chemical dependency counselors.
- Families are entitled to at least one, 45 minute family therapy session to address issues of immediate concern and plans for follow-up treatment.
- Will meet with the patient every day to assess progress.
- Will coordinate treatment with nursing and social worker.
- Will contact family once during patient stay. Further communication will go through the social workers.
- Will be available to answer specific questions or concerns that cannot be addressed by the social worker.
- To assist family/patient with discharge plans and follow-up care.
- To facilitate communication between psychiatrist and family.
- To arrange family sessions with a hospital therapist.
- To provide referrals for counseling, support groups, twelve-step resources and residential treatment when necessary.
We believe a team approach is the most effective method to deliver quality care. The treatment team is led by a psychiatrist and often includes a licensed therapist, psychiatric nurse, activity/recreational therapist, clinical social worker, and mental health counselors. The treatment team offers not only their clinical expertise and experience, but also their concern and compassion.
Private and confidential free assessments and referral information are provided at no charge 24 hours a day, seven days a week through the Aurora San Diego Hospital's Assessment and Referral Department. For information about any of our Programs or Services or to schedule a free assessment, please call toll free at 888-565-4228 or 858-675-4228. Aurora San Diego Hospital's Assessment and Referral Department can also answer questions regarding funding.